Even in the digital age, communicating over the phone is still important for most businesses. Fortunately, digital innovations can make your phone system much more reliable and flexible to your needs, so you can better serve your clients and improve internal communications for your team. VoIP, or voice over internet protocol, allows you to disconnect from a traditional phone line and turn any device with a broadband connection into a phone by translating your voice to a digital signal. If you’re thinking about upgrading to a VoIP system but aren’t sure if it’s right for you, consider the following reasons to make the switch.
- Lower Costs – How much are you paying for your current landline phone system? Landlines typically cost about $50 per line per month (minimum), but VoIP systems start at about $30 per line. Plus, they offer a wealth of benefits that can boast indirect cost savings for even more cost efficiency.
- Multitasking Support – Multitasking is a part of modern workflow, and VoIP offers the support you need to deal with your busy schedule. Specifically, VoIP can allow you to integrate sending documents, images, and videos during a call, so you can host immersive meetings with clients and team members across the globe.
- Improved Call Quality – Have you ever suffered through a conference call that’s full of echoes, static, and background noise? These issues are a thing of the past with VoIP calls, which maintain crisp audio quality as long as you have a reliable internet connection.
- Integrated Automation Features – Where VoIP systems really begin to offer distinctive benefits is with the wealth of potential add-ons. For example, you can include an auto attendant to route calls to different departments (or even give your one-man operation the look of a much larger company without hiring an expensive assistant). You can also enjoy the flexibility of getting a phone number in any area code and hosting multi-party calls without an additional service provider.
- Higher Security – In the digital age, security is more important than ever, even over the phone. VoIP systems can help with call encryption and identity management, so you know that your calls are always secure.
Design a VoIP system that’s right for your business with Smargasy. We’ll help you integrate all the features you need (and none that you don’t) with pricing starting at just $29.99. Contact our team today to learn how we can support your business with our phone services.