SEM, or search engine marketing, is the use of paid advertising that increases the likelihood that your webpage shows up as one of the top results when customers use certain keywords in their internet searches. Smargasy utilizes both SEM and SEO (search engine optimization) to help small businesses in and around Fort Myers, FL, increase their web presence and grow their brands.
Common Marketing Acronyms
These are the most common marketing acronyms you will hear when you start building a comprehensive digital marketing strategy with us at Smargasy:
- CTR – click-through rate
- PPC – pay-per-click
- ROI – return on investment
- SEM – search engine marketing
- SEO – search engine optimization
- SERP – search engine results page
The Difference Between SEM and SEO
The primary focus of search engine marketing is to make sure your website is showing up in search engine results, while search engine optimization focuses on creating and maintaining organic search results, without using paid advertising. At Smargasy, we believe that using both SEM and SEO together will help your business succeed in gaining attention and customers.
Primary SEM Components
SEM consists of a variety of components, many of which you won’t need to become an expert in – just leave that to us at Smargasy. The most common ones you’ll hear us use are:
- Keyword research – discovering the terms that customers use when searching for similar businesses or products in your area
- PPC marketing – pay per click marketing, or advertising that you only pay for when someone clicks on the ad to learn more
- SEM platforms – advertising platforms that your ad will run on (Google, Microsoft, Verizon Media Native)
- Targeted ads – creating ads that are relevant to your target audience, demographic, or market area
Our experts at Smargasy are happy to set up a free consultation for your Florida business to discuss your social media strategy. We offer an array of services for local businesses in Florida, including SEM, SEO, website design, and social media advertising. Contact us today to set up a free strategy session to learn more.