Hosted VoIP PBX Features List
Smargasy offers a hosted VoIP PBX system built especially for call centers and other high-volume businesses. Choose the features your business needs.
At Smargasy, we specialize in creating customizable business solutions for our clients. Our hosted VoIP PBX capabilities are rich in features, but low on price. You can choose from the features below, customizing your system to meet your company’s needs. As always, our representatives are standing by to assist you if you have any questions.
Our Hosted VoIP PBX System
Smargasy’s innovative IP2Speech technology offers a wealth of features for call centers and other businesses. View our integrated solutions and features list below.
Call Center (Automatic Call Distribution)
- Agents: A queue sends incoming calls to individual agents. Each agent must be assigned to at least one queue.
- Pause and Unpause: A call center agent can pause calls as needed.
- Queues: When agents are unavailable, calls are routed to a smart call queue. Calls may be prioritized by value, urgency, or any other customizable rules.
- Reason Codes: When an agent chooses to pause calls, they can enter a Reason Code to provide justification.
- Tally Codes: An agent may need to assign a queued call to a category, such as for billing purposes. The Tally Code indicates the nature of the call.
- Zero Out: A caller may leave a queue by pressing “0.” They can then choose other routing options, such as voicemail.
- Conference Bridges: These are password-protected conference calls that allow multiple callers to participate. Assign each caller a “Talk/Listen” or “Listen Only” status.
- 3-Way Conference Call: Users can rope in any third party to create a three-way call.
- 1-6 Digit Extension Dialing: Our hosted VoIP PBX extensions may consist of one to six digits.
- Attended Transfer: With this feature, you can announce the party before transferring them to an extension, group, or phone number.
- Auto Attendant Answering: This allows you to connect a phone number to an Auto Attendant. Callers can choose from the presented options.
- Automatic Call Distribution (ACD): This feature routes calls to agents in a call center. It’s based on factors such as priority levels, availability, and behavior.
- Barge: Users can listen to the selected extension and even speak with the internal caller. However, their voice will not be heard by the external caller.
- Burstable Virtual Call Paths: A “burstable” call path is one that is configurable to develop extra call paths on demand. In other words, this provides additional calls beyond the number of paths you purchased up to 10 additional paths. Customers are automatically billed for extra call paths. These extra call paths are available for the duration of the billing period.
- Busy Call Forwarding: Calls are automatically forwarded to an extension, group, or phone number. This occurs when the phone is busy.
- Call Forwarding: This feature forwards calls through the portal, or your device or softphone. Do note that device or softphone forwarding functionality may vary by manufacturer.
- Call Hold: A caller is placed on hold and music or a commercial is played.
- Call Park: A parked call can be picked up by another extension.
- Call Queue: Route calls on a first-in, first-out basis to an extension or group, such as available agents. Callers may automatically hear an announcement, such as: “Thank you for calling. All available agents are busy. Please hold for the next available agent, or press ‘1’ to leave a message.”
- Call Recording: This feature selectively records calls for training or documentation. It requires a dedicated server.
- Call Routing Time Frames: Routing decisions are made based on time and date. You can configure multiple schedules if your departments have varying hours of operation.
- Call Waiting Indicator: While another call is in progress, this feature indicates the incoming call and information.
- Caller ID: You can customize how your outgoing Caller ID appears.
- Caller ID Blocking: Choose to disable Caller ID if you wish. This applies to all outbound calls originating from your hosted VoIP PBX.
- Caller ID Routing: Create inbound Call Route tables that route calls to destinations based on their Caller ID.
- Direct Inward Dialing (DID): You can have a number dial directly to a device or extension.
- Direct Inward System Access (DISA): With this feature, remote users can make outbound calls from their hosted VoIP PBX from an outside line. However, the Caller ID information will display from a DID within the office.
- Directed Call Pickup: Dial *8 plus the extension number if you wish to answer a call at that extension. Group and Queue Calls are not compatible with this feature.
- Disable Outbound Dialing: You can prevent specific extensions from making outbound calls.
- Do Not Disturb: This feature simulates a busy signal. Incoming calls are sent directly to voicemail or other routing options.
- Find Me (Digital Assistant): Configurable at each extension, this feature is like a personal assistant that can find you at up to five locations. Each time the caller tries a location, they are prompted to announce themselves. If you are unavailable, the caller can leave a message or try the next location.
- Forward Calls Locally or Remotely via Phone or Web: You can set up call forwarding easily from any location.
- Incoming Call Blocking: You can prevent any incoming phone numbers from calling to your hosted VoIP PBX.
- Incoming Call Identification: Choose this option to modify the Caller ID display. It will display Call Routing information.
- Incoming Caller ID Routing: Based on the Caller ID, incoming calls can be routed to an extension, Ring Group, phone number, ACD, Call Queue, or Auto Attendant.
- Incoming Privacy Screening: Callers that are blocked or do not have Caller ID information are forced to enter their number.
- Listen Live: Listen to any given extension to monitor calls. This feature does not provide speech capabilities.
- Live Person Answering: You can configure a number to ring a specific extension or a Ring Group, either simultaneously or sequentially. In other words, you can use a live person instead of an Auto Attendant.
- Multicast Paging: On compatible brands and models of phones, this allows you to dial a Ring Group and make an announcement via the phones’ loudspeakers.
- No Answer Call Forwarding: When you do not pick up a call, the call is automatically forwarded to an extension, group, or phone number.
- Office Intercom: You can dial another user’s extension and activate their phone speaker if you need to make an announcement. Compatibility of this feature varies by brand and model.
- One Button Redial: This feature redials the last number that an extension user dialed. Compatibility varies by brand and model.
- Outbound Dialing Rules: Set the rules regarding the types of outbound calls your users can make.
- Outgoing Call Blocking: You can block calls to specific numbers or services, such as a 1-900 number.
- Ring Groups: This feature allows multiple extensions to become a group. Then, calls can be sequentially or simultaneously routed to that group.
- Shared Virtual Call Paths: Calls can be delivered to and from the PSTN, either to SIP trunks or hosted endpoints. Location is irrelevant, as the calls are shared by all of the hosted PBX’s endpoints. You can purchase any number of call paths. Bandwidth is typically limited to 80 Kbps per call.
- Speed Dial: A predetermined phone number can be automatically dialed.
- Unattended Transfer: This transfers a call to an extension, group, or number. No announcement of the party is made.
- Voicemail: Choose an announce-only voice mailbox or a voice mailbox with an extension. Customers can receive a prerecorded message after being routed through an Auto Attendant or extension.
- Voicemail to Email: This handy feature allows the hosted PBX to automatically send an email about each call to an address in your company portal. Important details about the call are included in the email, along with an attached WAV file. You may choose to set up auto-delete of these emails.
- Voicemail to Text Message: The hosted PBX can send a short text message to your device when a voicemail is received. Note that third party text messaging rates may apply.
Music on Hold
- Commercials on Hold (By Phone Number): Your hosted PBX can include multiple “on hold” commercials. Base their playback by location or Queue.
- Music on Hold (Custom or Default): Use our default music or upload your own custom music. The file will play when a caller is on hold.
Origination and Termination
- Domestic Origination: Our IP2Speech service offers local phone numbers throughout the U.S. In other words, you can still use your local phone number while taking advantage of our hosted VoIP PBX system.
- Domestic Terminations: Choose from our highly competitive outbound call packages, including unlimited minutes, pay-as-you-go, and prepaid minutes.
- E911 Support: You must have an E911 entry in the Web Portal for every location and phone number associated with a device or softphone. If you move any device to a new location, the IP2Speech user agreement requires you to update your information.
- Endpoint Templates: We’ve streamlined the process of adding new phone models and vendors to our platform with our configurable endpoint templates. The templates may include button programming, custom branding, logos, and much more.
- International Termination: Request our highly competitive international rates.
- Shared Line Appearance: This feature allows each phone to have predefined line keys. Calls to that line will be delivered to every phone with that line key. Any phone can pick up the call and all others will see that it is in use. Calls cannot be transferred from that line. However, they can be put on hold, or announced and picked up on the same phone or any other phone with the same line key.
- Toll-Free Numbers: Your toll-free numbers can be routed to a specific outside DID, Auto Attendant, Call Group, or Queue.
- Accounting and Billing Reports: Get all of your important details, including invoices, revenue, and accounts receivable.
- Activity Reports: These report on call traffic and virtual path usage for calls during the past 90 days.
- Call Detail Records: Get information on call origins, destination, duration, and more.
- Call Traffic by Extension: You can track calls for each extension.
- Call Volume Graphs: See graphic representations of calling patterns and trends.
- Call Center Reports: Track the activity and performance of each agent or queue. For example, you can see abandoned, incoming, and answered calls.
Virtual Auto Attendants
An Automated Attendant allows inbound calls to be automatically rerouted to the correct extension. Smargasy offers the following features:
- Multiple Top-Level Auto Attendants: Separate phone numbers can be rerouted to unique Auto Attendants. Users can configure each Auto Attendant individually.
- Sub-Level Auto Attendants: We recommend using a Sub-Level Auto Attendant for each department in your company.
- Top-Level Auto Attendants: Callers can select menu options to reroute their calls. For example, they can route themselves to extensions or voicemails.
Our hosted VoIP PBX customers have access to mobile VoIP capabilities. This is particularly useful for business owners and employees who must frequently travel for work. Its dynamic features can boost your productivity and keep you connected while on the go. Features include the following:
- Cloud Extensions: Cloud extensions work with the hosted PBX by configuring the routing of calls. They also offer voicemail capabilities.
- Mobile Office Extensions: Workers often use a variety of devices while traveling. Our mobile office extensions enable them to use IP desk phone features from their laptops or smartphones. These features include Auto Attendant, Unified Mailbox, and Find Me.
- Support for Softphones: Our hosted VoIP PBX system works with most softphones. A SIP softphone allows you to access your phone from anywhere and assign any domestic number to your softphone. You can make and receive calls, transfer or forward calls, connect to a teleconference, or check your voicemail.
The customer portal offers all-in-one convenience for our hosted VoIP PBX customers. Features include the following:
- Account Management: Manage your account and update your details from anywhere.
- Automated Billing System: Choose from automated monthly billing, automated credit card charges, Dunning, and A/R.
- Case Management/LNP: The Case Management feature allows you to check on the status of your Number Porting Cases. You can also submit new cases.
- Click-to-Dial: Most major browsers work seamlessly with the Click-to-Dial plugin.
- Detailed Accounting: View all of your online billing information and track your orders.
- Endpoint Template Management: Modify existing configuration templates or create new ones.
- Message Center: Get important messages sent directly to the Message Center.
- Operator Console: This is a call control application. You can reroute calls to other extensions, access voicemail, use the chat system, or use Click-to-Dial.
- Shared Line Appearance Hunt Group: With this feature, you can push calls to the next available line in any given group.
- Test My Connection: This handy diagnostic tool allows you to check your Internet connection. Test it for VoIP quality, suitability, and firewall port status.
- URL Agent: This enables inbound calls to display a Screen Pop, sourced from a third party web application.
- User Dashboard: With this intuitive interface, you can easily configure your hosted VoIP PBX, see call details, adjust voicemail options, and create Call Groups.
Our Integrated Solutions
Smargasy’s hosted VoIP PBX integrated solutions are designed to bring greater convenience to your workplace.
- API: Our application programming framework enables third-parties to receive and send info to our platform from external systems and programs. Its capabilities include call logging, call control and status, and presence and click-to-dial.
- Hosted Fax: Some businesses still rely on fax machines, but using them can be cumbersome. This feature allows you to send faxes directly from your computer. The recipient can receive them either on a fax machine or via email. It provides a higher level of convenience for hosted VoIP PBX users.
- Microsoft Outlook Plugin: If you use Outlook 2010 or 2013, consider using this plugin. It offers Click-to-Dial, Screen Pops, and Call Logging.
- Salesforce.com Plugin: If your company already uses Salesforce.com, we recommend this plugin. It supports Click-to-Dial, Screen Pops, and Call Logging.
- Screen Pops: This feature is a pop-up window on the user’s screen. It displays caller ID information about incoming calls.
- Standard SIP Trunking: This SIP trunk acts like a CO line. It delivers incoming calls to the SIP endpoint—the premise equipment. Callers will receive a busy signal if the line is in use.
- Enhanced SIP Trunking: This is similar to standard SIP trunking. However, if the SIP endpoint is offline, the system automatically reroutes calls. Incoming calls may be routed to an Auto Attendant, voicemail, or other SIP trunk. This feature is useful for high-volume establishments.
Sign Up Today!
Our plans start at just $29.90. Choose from the following:
For more information on our hosted VoIP PBX solutions, contact an experienced representative at (239) 214-8592. Smargasy is pleased to offer free consultations to businesses near Fort Myers, Florida. We specialize in customizing our business solutions to meet your needs.