Search engine marketing (SEM) is an advertising strategy that encompasses both organic search optimization and paid search advertising to get your business seen on search engine results pages, which will in turn drive traffic to your website. While there is no magic bullet that will propel you to the top of search results, there are a few tried and true methods that can get you where you want to be faster.
Succeeding with Search Engine Marketing
- Utilize Google Analytics and Google Search Console to assess your website traffic and learn which keywords are bringing users to your site.
- Update page titles and meta-descriptions on your website to incorporate relevant, high-performing keywords.
- Claim your listing on Google My Business and complete your business profile.
- Get listed in local search directories (including whitepages.com, bbb.org, and foursquare.com)
- Run PPC ads to jump to the top of search engine results pages relevant to your business.
- Launch a blog on your website and update at least once monthly with fresh, new content related to your products and services.
- Test your website speed and fix any errors slowing down your load times.
If the list above seems overwhelming, don’t stress! Many of these steps are best left to a professional marketing team that knows how to quickly analyze your website, make adjustments to your content, and use offsite tools to boost your digital presence.
Are you looking for help managing your digital marketing and mastering SEM for your small business? Smargasy can provide the tools you need with a proven approach that will get your business seen online. We specialize in brand building through SEO, directory management, social media and PPC advertising, reputation management, content marketing, and email marketing. Bring your strategy together with our team by filling out the form on our contact page or send us a text at (239) 214-8592.